Saturday, March 8, 2008

Eating well and living it up





Hong Kong was a whirlwind in three days, but so much fun. We visited Victoria Peak, and had amazing dim sum, way above the city. We looked over all of Hong Kong as we feasted on spring rolls, BBQ pork rolls, shrimp wontons, and dumplings. Later that night, Robin and I found an delicious restaurant that served homemade ramon noodles.

My first day in Thailand was a feast of food. I ate spring rolls, homemade ice cream, Pad Thai, roasted pork, banana crepes, and thai iced coffee, and finished things off with an hour long Thai massage. Total cost. $11. Today I continued to eat will with Shrimp Pad Thai and a noodle, chicken, and shrimp dish, that was heavenly. Thai's know how to season a dish.

Tonight I head off to Phangan island, I have an overnight bus and then a ferry to the island. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to laying out on a beach. I love being in a place that is finally warm. Today I put on a sundress and sandals. The nights are balmy and the days are hot, but not too bad. Bangkok is a big city, but not overwhelming. I went to their giant weekend market today, did a little shopping and a lot of looking. Traveling is such a feast for the eyes, and managed to get myself home on the bus without too much trouble. I did get on the bus going the wrong way, and then I missed my stop, and had to hop back on the bus going the other way, but I did get home - and that is the important thing. :)

I wish I could describe the experience to all of you. Traveling involves all of the senses, taste, touch, hearing, smelling, and seeing. The world is so different from what I have known, growing up in California. The people, the buildings, the attitudes, the dress, and mannerisms, so fascinating. Every day is an amazing, new experience. I can blog to everyone, but it will never do justice to what I am experiencing. I can never fully capture the wonder of the neon signs and buildings in Kong Hong, as I wander down the streets, or the bustle of the market in Thailand, the site of Kao San Road, in Bangkok, with its street vendors and backpackers.

Still I will try, as I want to share it with you all. I am having some technical difficulties with pictures, but I will add some soon, here and on facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home