Sunday, February 3, 2008

IT ALL FITS!!!



Well, today I packed my bag for my trip around the world, and much to my relief and slight suprise it did all fit. I am taking one 44L backpack, which at first glance looks pretty darn small to carry all I will need for seven months. But, it fits. So, I am good to go. Here is a look at my packing list:


1 pair convertible pants
1 skirt
1 capri
1 pair black sleeper pants
4 shirts
1 sweatshirt
5 pairs of underwear
2 bras
1 pair of quick dry socks
1 pair of flip flops
1 pair of TEVA sandals
1 pair of trekking shoes
1 bathing suit
1 hat
1 bandana
1 pair of sunglasses
1 pair of extra glasses
1 small quick dry travel towel
mosquito spray
sunscreen
sleepsack
my luxury item -a travel pillow
ipod
camera
Bible
1 bookjournal/pens
created travel pages for each country
deck of cards
toilet paper
money belt
ear plugs
watch
converter
daypack
lock for pack
small calculator
duct tape (wrapped around a pen)
alarm clock
bandaids
headache medicine
Imodium
anti bactical lotion
clippers and nail file
laundry detergent
universal sink plug
zip lock baggies
shampoo
conditioner
lotion
toothbrush/toothpaste
deodorant
hairbrush
hair ties
razor and blades
tampons
soap
lip balm
passport
credit cardATM card
american money
immunization card
international driver's license
contact information

And the final weight is 18 pounds.

3 Comments:

Blogger dlcouts said...

I wanted to be the first to write a comment. Your webpage is awesome! It is very well done and you did a lot of work for it. Your backpacking guide is textbook and should be a resource for all backpackers (well except guys, I don't think they'll need the bras). I'm excited for you and Robin. I am willing to chip in 100,000 won for you to go!!! Yeah, that's right. Great site.

February 7, 2008 at 3:18 PM 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow to think that is all you are taking is amazing and for it to only be 18lbs is AWESOME.You'll have a great time and I can't wait to see more of your adventure!! Love ya and you will truely be missed by ALL!!!

February 11, 2008 at 2:29 AM 
Blogger Steve said...

Good luck to you from a stranger that just randomly got to your site from hitting "next blog"! On a much smaller scale, I went to Costa Rica on a similar experience about 16 years ago after I finished college - God Bless!

March 4, 2008 at 6:37 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home